Why not is the better question. Tamarack Adventure & Retreat Center was established in 1963, and since we opened our doors, we’ve helped groups of all ages, backgrounds, abilities and learning styles embark on new adventures and discover new abilities. We’re passionate about team building and outdoor education, and it reflects in everything we do. Our highly trained staff helps groups recognize the true meaning of teamwork and community, while inspiring an appreciation of nature.
We offer overnight retreats, day trips and off-site programming, and provide customized experiences to meet every group’s needs.
Certifications and Accreditations
Many of our classes are designed to complement Michigan educational benchmarks and curriculum. Teachers, administrators, community group leaders and corporate groups choose us because of our rich history for providing invaluable learning and life experiences that cannot be taught indoors.
- Accredited through the American Camp Association (ACA)
- Certified through the Association for Challenge Course Technology (ACCT)
- Members of the Association for Experiential Education (AEE)
- Members of the Association of Nature Center Administrators (ANCA) and Michigan Alliance for Environmental and Outdoor Education (MAEOE)
- Staff who are American Red Cross First Aid, CPR and/or Lifeguard certified will always be on site during your stay