Do you love spending time outdoors? At Tamarack Adventure & Retreat Center our staff are the vital link between nature and the classroom. Tamarack is looking for qualified candidates who can think critically, take initiative, and inspire those around them to explore their potential. In addition to many others, an Outdoor Educator’s primary responsibility is to deliver phenomenal experiential education programming to all clientele and foster a positive learning environment.
Anticipated Employment Dates:
Hourly Educators are given contracts for the entire year, but during winter and summer, hours will be limited. During peak seasons, hours will be based on your availability and the camp schedule. Peak seasons are as follows:
Spring April 10 – June 8 (flexible start and end dates)
Fall August 17 – October 31 (extended dates may be available)
Compensation: From $10 per hour, based on experience and qualifications. Hours per week vary depending on camp schedule. Housing and meals provided while working.
- Must enjoy working with children
- Experience working in outdoor education or related field preferred
- American Red Cross First Aid/CPR certification preferred (on-site training available)
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
Physical Work Environment: Hours/days worked per week vary according to camp schedule and needs. Position requires a positive attitude in all weather conditions, as we operate year-round.
Job Behaviors and Work Characteristics
- Facilitate all programs in accordance with our standards and adapt programs to group needs and age levels
- Translate concepts into engaging programming, utilizing questioning strategies for inquiry-based learning
- Serve as an overall guide to groups while maintaining a strong customer service attitude
- Possess strong verbal communication skills; able to engage audience with clear and persuasive rhetoric
- Participate in staff training and development
- Complete assigned projects including camp and program material maintenance
- Maintain excellent communication with all management, staff, and guests
- Hard-working, flexible and able to multi-task
- Ability to adapt to changing situations
- Enjoys working with children and can build rapport in a short period of time
- Driven to continuously train and educate both self and others
Join Our Team!
Email our Program Manager, Jeremy Lambert